I Been Drinking Watermelon
Updated: Jan 24
For those who enjoy having sex, it is an important part of your romantic relationships. It may not be the most important part of your relationship but if the level of sex you are having in your relationship is not meeting your needs then it can be a MAJOR issue.
Sometimes the frequency of our sexual interactions is influenced by the day to day tasks and responsibilities of life. It can also be impacted by a lack of desire and low sexual energy. When our energy is low it can not only put us in a bad mood, but it also drains us of any desire to get it on with our partner(s).
Food has a huge impact on our libidos and our overall sexual energy. Here are some great foods that can improve your sexual energy and get you in the mood for some great sex this Valentine’s Day weekend!
6 TIPS ON EATING YOUR WAY TO A BETTER SEX LIFE!
1. Oysters: I am sure you’ve heard of oysters being an aphrodisiac (and is shaped like female genitalia), But it is also loaded in zinc (helps produce testosterone a hormone to increase libido), iron (oxygen, energy flow) and selenium (powerful antioxidant that reduces stress in your body). It is suggested that the zinc in oysters may increase sperm count for men so bottoms up!
2. Dark chocolate- contains more flavanols than milk or white chocolate. Flavanols produces nitric oxide which helps relax blood vessels, produce blood flow and oxygen (no more fatigue during sex/heightened sensitivity). So go ahead and order some dark chocolate dipped strawberries to feed to your partner.
3. Almonds- besides being a good source of omega 3 fatty acids. Almonds contain magnesium, selenium, zinc and vitamin E all nutrients that help with sexual and reproductive health.
4. Sweet potatoes- filled with vit C, beta carotene. Good source of potassium as well which can lower blood pressure and bloating making you feel comfortable getting naked on V-day!
5. Watermelon- my favorite fruit to eat during any season, watermelon is filled with lycopene, beta carotene and citrulline. It’s the citrulline that is known to have a “Viagra” affect that influences libido.
6. Probiotics- you may think why probiotics on this list, they aren’t sexy. Well just an FYI to note serotonin is a neurotransmitter that helps regulate sleep, appetite and balancing of our moods. 95% of our body’s serotonin is made in our gastrointestinal tract. Probiotics have properties of reducing stress, anxiety and improving mental health= it affect serotonin production. So make consuming probiotics a daily habit through supplementation or consuming kombucha, pickles, kefir or yogurt.
Special Note: Remember no one food will give you superpowers in the bedroom. I encourage daily exercise, adequate sleep and eating a balanced diet filled with a variety of fruits, vegetables, protein, fats and carbohydrates to feel good not just in the bedroom but also during your daily activities. Enjoy your V-DAY!